Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Helvetica

The movie Helvetica was different; it was a good different. I have never seen anything quite like it. It was something new and I learned a lot about font and also graphic design while watching the movie. There was so much cool information throughout the entire movie and I took quite a lot in. What really stood out to me was the very first font, that is used practically everywhere you turn, was in fact Helvetica. The font Helvetica is used today literally on everything. It is the font that started it all. It was born and raised in Germany and is still considered the most used font of the past centuries. There was a lot more that was in the movie and there is a lot more that could be said but that was the one big thing that stood out to me. I really enjoyed watching the movie and learning more about the font and the creation of other fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment