Thursday, October 4, 2012

Letter to Client: Typefaces

Dear Miss,

I just want to thank you for giving me this opportunity to create 3 prototype-typefaces consisting of 3 letters and 3 numbers. One digitally, one handwritten, and one sculptural. I'm quite excited to get started with these right away! I'm so eager. I have so much in mind. But my favorite idea that I think I'm going to stick with is a bridge theme of the 3 letters and 3 numbers. What I mean by that is having the lines in the letter, or number, cross each other, or intersect at some point. It may sound weird but sometimes weird is a good thing and I believe this is going to turn out pretty well. That is going to be the digital typeface. For my handwritten typeface, I plan to simply write out the 3 letters and 3 numbers with pictures that will construct the figure of the letter and number. This will first be done in pencil, in case i mess up or don't like it as much, and then colored in with sharpie/marker/colored pencils. Or I might just do bubble form letters and numbers and draw pictures on the inside to construct the image. It will still be done with the same materials as I listed before. Finally, for my sculptural typeface, I plan to get tires and lay them out to form the 3 letters and 3 numbers. Well, I hope you like my ideas so far! I'm so excited to get to work. Thanks again for this opportunity! 

Sincerely,
Justin.

Writing Prompt:

You are a prominent graphic designer, practicing at an influential design firm overseas.

Recently you were approached by a client who has asked YOU to design three prototype-typefaces. One digitally, one hand written, and one sculptural. (Only 3 sequential letters and 3 numbers need to be provided for each prototype)

In a response letter to your client, describe your plan of execution (materials, process, theme) for each typeface you will design.

Please consider...
1. Correct Spelling /3 
2. Varying sentence structure /4
3. Expressive verbs /3

/10 

Please respond in a post to your own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment